Friendship

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Good morning! Tribes and tribal motifs seem to be fairly popular right now.  Did you ever realize you can be a part of more than one tribe? There's your family, but how about your tribe of friends, at work or school as well? Today at Get It Scrapped we are giving you scrapbooking ideas for telling your Tribe's story. Here is one of mine. 

They say you can't go home again, but after 5 years we went back to visit our friends in our old neighborhood. It was as if nothing had changed between any of us.

We are a group of friends who became each other's extended family. We all met as neighbors, but became friends because of our children, who were all about the same age, with some siblings not yet born. We all became closer friends, sharing challenges and experiences with each other, as our children continued to grow up together. Many times, we relied on each other for help, advice and so much more. Although we have since moved away, and the kids are not as close and they once were, we still talk often, by phone, text and email. 


This page is the result of the product choosing me, and not me choosing the product. I had a completely different idea in my head.  As I was flipping through my stack, I saw this paper. I cut it apart, selecting words that describe our tribe. I arranged them as best as I could to form a block that includes my photo. The words also act as embellishments so little else was really required. I even used the largest word, 'friendship' as the title. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. Head over to the Get It Scrapped blog for more ideas and inspiration from the rest of the creative team. Stop by again later this week to see more from me.

Supplies: Patterned paper, stickers and die cuts- American Crafts Shimelle, pen-Micron, adhesive-Recollections, EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS