Livin' That Mom Life

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hello and welcome to one of our new challenges at Paper Issues, Add it Up. The idea behind this is we will select products and techniques, then assign them a point value. Each month, there will be a target number to achieve. You will create a project using the products and techniques, until they add up to that target number. Here, I'll show you this months board:


Here is my layout with a 125 ish point value. So lets see:
Stitching-10
stamping-10 (on the wood veneer)
Patterned paper- 5x4 = 20
cut file-5
journaling-5
photo-5
flair-1
wood veneer-4x3 =12
chipboard-3
tags-3other embellies-brads-2x3=6
stickers-2x9=18
enamel dots-1x11=11

So do you get the idea?!?!? This month has a high point target. Next month may have a lower one. So for today, pile on what you are comfortable with or try something new! 

I'm all about sarcasm these days so this Emoji Love by Simple Stories really has my number (see what I did there?) I know there are two camps on the poop emoji, love it or hate it. It is a family inside joke, so I am in the LOVE IT camp. i layered up 3 different papers, using 2 Cool behind the cut file, and OMG as the main background. I cut apart the 3x4 page because, well,  poop emoji ;-). I used all kinds of the embellishments, including brads, stickers, die cuts and chipboard to further enhance the sarcasm. Not sure it was really necessary, but whatever (see I did it again). But seriously, this collection makes me smile, and that's what this hobby is all about right?


Now, don't get me wrong, I love my Mom life. I am privileged to be able to have this life. But the truth is, sometimes I feel like I need a SuperHero cape. Instead, my husband got me this shirt. It says I'm the "poop emoji". Ok, I'll take it. Like I said, inside family joke. But really, somedays I have to just laugh too get through it. If you can't laugh at yourself, why bother. 

So, I'll say it again, thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I hope I've given you a good explanation of this new challenge and a reason to go get some Simple Stories Emoji Love.   Remember, it's 20% off when you use my code DEVRA at checkout. 


Supplies: PP,  brads, stickers, die cuts and chipboard Simple Stories Emoji Love, enamel dots-MME, wood-Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico, ink-Stazon, stamp-Snarky Stamp by Paper Issues, Flair- A Flair for Buttons, silhouette, thread-DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS