We Survived 2016

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Good morning to you! In Paper Issues world, we call today Cut It Up Saturday. That means there is a new free, that's right, FREE cut file available in the shop today! Isn't it fun?!?

Here is what I did with it. I had seen another cut file that said we survived and thought, "wow, I need to do something with that".  So I took the idea and used it here!  I did a bit of a 'year in review', with the Bella Blvd Oh My Stars. The layout is fairly simple and easy to put together. I matted each photo, layering it over one larger matte. I added the tabs and tags, and journaled a brief description of the photo. I layered a transparency under the center of the '0' to add a little more color to the top of the page, as well as making sure that part of the title popped.  A few bits and paint splats finished it off nicely.


2016 was not my favorite. Far from it.  I thought his was a good way to capture some highlights, and lowlights in a way that wasn't dark or sad. there are 3 'good' things, and 3 to so good things, but all 6 created many feelings and emotions. None of which were easy to handle. So yes indeed, we survived 2016. On to 2017, may it be a much better year for everyone!

Now it's your turn to join the challenge. Go get yourself this cut file , and while you are in the shop, pick yourself up a few treats, Use the code DEVRA for 20% off your order


Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. Come back soon for more examples of my crazy life!

Supplies: CS-American Crafts, PP, tags, tabs, die cuts, stickers and washi-Bella Blvd, enamel dots-Doodlebug Design, Freckled Fawn, mist-Dylusions, cut file, silhouette


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS