Perfectly Imperfect

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hello again! The article on the Get It Scrapped blog today is Ah-Mazing! I am so pleased to be a part of it. The subject of today's inspiration is Wabi Sabi. 

"The Wabi-Sabi style is built on the idea that "nothing lasts, nothing is finished, nothing is perfect--and that is a good thing." The style limits itself to the essentials, but at the same time focus on the imperfections, textures and details of those essentials. 


To a stranger, our family is not perfect. This photo is not perfect. To us, our family is perfect just the way it is. 

I was inspired by the "embrace the imperfection" concept of Wabi Sabi, and used it in a very literal way on my page to demonstrate my story. I combined a floral pattern wood grain paper with textured corrugated paper to surround the photo. Half of the page is neat and orderly, representing perfection. The other half is chaotic, with torn and distressed paper, and mismatched embellishments, the imperfect part of the page and story.  Red is not necessarily representative of Wabi Sabi, but it is of the emotion of the page. By using the same colors and similar patterns, the two sides of the page appear cohesive.

I have to laugh at the effort it takes to get a good family photo. Sometimes, the more we try, the worse they get. So we take what we can get and move on. Wabi-Sabi indeed.

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I have much more to share, so come back again soon


Supplies: Cardstock & Alphas-American Crafts, Patterned Paper-Simple Stories, Fancy Pants, Stickers-Simple Stories, October Afternoon, Die Cuts-Simple Stories, pen-Micron, Adhesive-EK Success.
SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Devra, I absolutely love this page and the photo! I think this is one of my favorite pages of yours. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS