Beat It!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Good morning! Welcome to day two of my busy blogging week. Yay! That means I had time to make stuff. Anyway, lets talk board games today shall we?  Have you ever thought about using a board game as inspiration for a layout?  Neither had I, but what a fantastic idea!  That is today's topic on the Get It Scrapped blog.

I was inspired by the game Operation by Hasbro. This game was the perfect theme for these photos. The two page design and use of red and yellow mimics the full body and colors of the game board. The product choices are medically related, such as the blue bandage tape and actual medical labeling tape used in hospitals,. The comic strip tape and a pun for the title reminded me of the buzzing sound made when the tweezers hit the metal in the game. Hearts and heartbeat stitching used as embellishments are also one of the removable organs in the game. 


In 2009 my husband was diagnosed and survived cancer. His positive attitude and outlook kept him strong thought his recovery. I've had these photos printed for about 5 years, but couldn't bring myself to get them onto paper. I'm still not sure if this is how I envisioned the completed page, But for those most part, this is behind us now. My husband is healthy and cancer free. So maybe it was time to get these glued down and put them behind in an album too.

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I always have lots to share so come back again soon.

Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, Bazzill, Tape-Johnson & Johnson (blue bandage tape) medical labeling tape (courtesy of Seattle Children's Hospital), Queen & Co, stickers-Lilly Bee, Freckled Fawn, Simple Stories, Cosmo Cricket, Belle Blvd, enamel dots-My Minds Eye, Wood pieces-Studio Calico, Elle's Studio, stitch template-Bazzill, thread-DMC, mist-Tattered Angels, Studio Calico, pen-PaperMate, adhesive-EK Success, Recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS