Put the Needle on the Record

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hey there and good morning! There is a new article on the Get It Scrapped blog today discussing page designs that appeal to the senses. I think this is a really interesting way to convey meaning in a scrapbook page and it was an assignment I quite enjoyed completing.

I am appealing to the sense of hearing. I began with photos of some of our music. To enhance the sense of music, I used musical themed embellishments, such as the notes, washi tape, and title. I fussy cut the letters D, E and F out of a piece of paper to give even more 'sound' to the page. Using the black background was a choice I made to not only ground the business of the photos, but to mimic a vinyl record. 
  

My husband is an audiophile. He is always playing music, as well as playing with his records and equipment. He goes on binges with particular artists and genres. I never know what's coming next. A personal favorite are our Sunday morning brunches with the Beatles.  Everyone in our house listens to music. We may all have our own taste, but there is always something playing in the background.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Come back again, I always have more to share.

Supplies: Cardstock-The Paper Company, Patterned Paper-Pink Paislee, Washi Tape-Recollections, Tape Works, Wood pieces-Studio Calico, Ink-Colorbox, VersaMagic, Stickers-Simple Stories, Alphas-Webster's Pages, October Afternoon, Thickers by American Crafts, pen-Uniball, mist-Heidi Swapp, Dylusions

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS