Channeling the Dice

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Please go HERE for Picture This reveal

Well good morning! Yes, today is a double post day for me, and a very exciting one at that. I have been asked to join the Stuck?! Sketches Creative Team, and today is my first reveal. 
Before I begin, let's give a little shout out to the wonderful sponsors this month:
 
is offering a $25 gift certificate to their online store

is offering a one year subscription!
Check out the details and rules on the Stuck Sketches Challenges blog

Now, on to today's sketch and layout reveal. Here is the sketch. I like it! It's different!


Here is my page. I kept the idea of the sketch, but adjusted the size of the angles. Want to know how the page began? With the small triangle scrap of the pink striped paper. From there I cut more of that paper, then just kept going with more prints and colors from the same collection. I balanced the colors and the size of the prints to make it all work together. I chose these papers because of the game piece die cuts. I was so excited to use them!
While visiting family this summer, we spent an evening playing a game together.  My husband really got into it, becoming silly and competitive. In order to win, he started talking to the dice and "channeling them" to roll the right numbers. you know what? It worked! That made the night even funnier, and my husband more competitive!

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today and sharing in my good news. I've got all kinds of these to share, so come back again soon.

Supplies: PP, die cuts, alphas, buttons and chipboard-Fancy Pants, clip-Maya Road, mist-Studio Calico, Tattered Angels, epoxy-Freckled Fawn

2 comments:

  1. Great page Devra, love your themed ascents, such a great collection! I also love the addition of all the journaling! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your take on this sketch, Devra! Such a happy mix of colors and patterns, and I love the way you've tied your title work and journaling together!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS