Just Go

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Hey there! I'm up on the Get It Scrapped blog today. This newest article is discussing a two-page layout that is "bracketed" by something at far right and something at far left.   I often create 2 page layouts. When I do, I am usually conscious about balance and flow, but not necessarily if I "bracket" my photos.  I love learning something new, so I was ready for this assignment.


My son is going into the ocean by himself for the first time. He was both afraid and excited at the same time. I took a series of photo of him getting in, turning around to see that I was there, then finally enjoying himself. 
 
I used the bracket idea in two ways. First, I repeated the diamond patterned paper in a more traditional way, on both outer edges of the layout. I also repeated the color red on both sides of the layout, but is it more prominent on the left side. I used red as an accent on the right side. The result is a visual triangle of red across the two pages.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. It's the last few weeks f summer and I'm trying to soak up every minute. I may not be creating, but I'll be posting things I made over the past 2 weeks, as often as I can 
Supplies: CardStock-Bazzill, patterned paper-Basic Grey, wood pieces-American Crafts, Pink Paislee, Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn,  stickers-Basic Grey, Freckled Fawn, Lily Bee, enamel dots-Freckled Fawn, My Minds Eye, journal tag-Fancy Pants. Alphas-My Minds Eye, American Crafts, thread-DMC, pen-Sakura, adhesive-EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS