Hello Beautiful

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Good morning. There is a new Get It Scrapped article today:  Using modern product to create a layout with vintage photos. For the purpose of this article, vintage was defined as 30 years or older. What??? That means my baby photos fit in this category! 

Ok, well, that made it easy for me to choose the photos. The hard part for me was finding the right papers. Many of the trendy motifs include view master icons and vintage cameras. The photos are losing some of their color, but were still dark in the background. I found using a pastel palette worked for these baby photos to add some focus to the subjects.  The patterns and embellishments I chose are a mix of current trends. Banners, chevron and dot papers are layered multiple times. Wood, acrylic, sequins and flair are used to create the embellishment clusters. These are all supplies I use regularly. I used a bunch of scraps, and kept moving them around to create a layered matte for the photos. I used a strip of paper as a shelf to ground the photos, than added small embellishments clusters around the page.


I wound up hiding the journaling. I wrote more than I thought I would, as different emotions bubbled up as I was working on this. The photos are of my parents and Grandmother holding me at about 2 weeks old. I began to wonder what they were thinking, and if those thoughts were similar to mine when I was holding my children at that age.

Thanks for stopping by today and looking at my creative view. There is more inspiration in the article, check it out and try it yourself.

Supplies: Paper-American Crafts, Carta Bella, Wood-Freckled Fawn, Recollections, sequins-Studio Calico, Hero Arts, die cuts-Heidi Swapp, My Minds Eye, flair-Freckled Fawn, Mist-Heidi Swapp, Washi Tape-My Minds Eye, Studio B, pen-American Crafts, adhesive-EK Success, Recollections



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS