Scrappy Fridays

Friday, May 2, 2014

That's my new thing. Well, not really new, I just gave it a name. I've been reserving Fridays as my Scrap Day for a while. Today I begin blogging about what I do on Scrappy Fridays.  So here goes.

LOAD began yesterday. Layout a Day. Why do I do this? It gives me an excuse to take time for ME each and every day. So, for the months that I participate in LOAD, I scrap a bit more and read a bit less.  Today I did not follow the prompt and instead did my own thing.



We recently went to Hawaii. Our family's first time there. This is us just after arriving. 12 hours of travel, 3 hour time change, but still smiles on our faces. Most of our faces anyway. I used sketch #18 form the My Scraps & More April Sketch-a-Thon. Have you been over there? Their site is fantastic. Lots of inspiration.  I changed it up a bit by using a larger photo. The title and embellishments are moved as a result. Great sketch, easy to use.

I also used some stuff from the JBS Mercantile April kit. I wanted to see what everyone was raving about, so I decided to check it out and purchase a kit. Good mix of papers, even things I can't get at my LSS.  I like the exclusive stuff, but I don't see the need to subscribe at this time.

Supplies-JBS Mercantile April kit papers, Wood-Citrus twist, Studio Calico, Freckled Fawn, sequins-Citrus Twist, Doodlebug Designs, alpha and clips-Freckled Fawn, Washi-October Afternoon, stamp-Kate Spade, enamel dots-MME, mist-Studio Calico

Next. This makes me smile.


I am working on the photos of my son's bar Mitzvah. Slowly but steadily, I am making progress. This bis an absolute favorite photo. It is so rare to get a beautiful photo of them together. Pretty much nothing else needs to be said.

I used sketch # 79 from My Scraps & More.  I  used a larger photo, so I change the orientation of the papers, moved the title, created my own place for embellies. A cool sketch to use and can see myself using it again.

Thanks for stopping by. More new things to come as I attempt to create a Layout a Day, or as we say at Get it Scrapped, a Page a Day

Supplies: CS-Bazzill, PP, die cuts, buttons & brads-Theresa Collins, Wood-Studio Calico, AC, twine & washi-MME, clip-Freckled Fawn, bling Queen & Co, mist-tattered angels


14 comments:

  1. Both pages are gorgeous!! Love the sequins and color in the first one. Love the layering in the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful pages! Love the papers used in both of them! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both layouts are awesome!!! Thanks so much for joining us at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are awesome pages! Love the product choices and how you rotated Sketch #79 to accommodate the photo. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super layouts! Love the colors in the first....the pp's match you sweater & purse, great choice! I really like the scattered sequins & elements, too! Love the banner/buttons in the second one. Great layouts using the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts! Especially love how you used the My Scraps & More sketch. Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing pages!!! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so beautiful! Thanks for playing at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these pages are fabulous, Devra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pages, Devra. I'm currently scrapbooking my Hawaii vacation too - how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to go on both pages!!! amazing job and love how fun your hawaii page is!!! sooo glad you played along with My Scraps & More!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layouts! Fabulous photo on the second, I love all the layering you did. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both pages are fab Devra!!! I'm so jelly of your trip to Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your pages are awesome Devra!
    Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS