Loving all these Challenges

Friday, February 21, 2014

I am in a creative GROOVE right now! I would love nothing more than to lock myself away in my room for the weekend and just scrap until I'm all scrapped out, but, no, that won't be happening...

I have two pages to share today. Both use sketches from My Scraps & More. They both qualify for today's LOAD prompt-do pages have to be 8.5x11 or 12x12? The idea is to take yourself out of your comfort zone and try something new. I have tried and done 6x6, 8x8 and 8.5x11 as well as 12x24 (a 2 page 12x12 spread) and know that 12x12 and 12x24 are the way to go for me.

This first page uses My Scraps & More sketch #68. It is also my entry for the Love is in the Air Challenge #9-The Pinterest Inspired challenge. I was inspired by the wood in the blocks. I used papas with a woodgrain pattern in them as well as wood veneer embellishments. Bold? yes? Celebratory? Also yes!


Our first date night after he was born was to a sushi restaurant. We took him with us in his carrier and he was fantastic. He even let us eat. Somehow, since he was 5 years old, he has always requested to go out for Sushi for his birthday.  We went to that same restaurant every year until we moved. This is birthday #12, at a new restaurant, but still Sushi.

This next page is using My Scraps & More sketch #69. hot of the press today. Works for me. I reserve Fridays as my day "off" before the weekend.  Also my entry for Love is in the Air challenge #8-My favorite things--My scrap room is a favorite place of mine...I flipped the sketch to be able too use a vertical photo, moved the title and used larger embellishments. Love the way it looks!


Not a great photo, but I had a leftover piece of Simple Stories PP that says "this is my happy place" I decided to tape it to the door of my scrap room. Silly, I know, but it seemed appropriate at the time. now when I look at it, I smile.  Notice all the pink? A page about me requires a color other than red, blue and green!

I have to say, I have been so inspired by all these challenges. I don't think I will get to all 18 by Sunday, but so far, there are 5 more pages finished, so thank you My Scraps & More!

Hopefully I'll see you again tomorrow when I post yet another LOAD page. 7 more days of my quest of 28 pages this month...

Supplies-He Loves Sushi
PP-Basic Grey, Die Cuts-Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Wood Veneer-Studio Calico, Mist-Studio Calico, Tattered Angels, Heidi Swapp, Bling & Sequins-Queen & Co, Citrus Twist Kits, Washi-Bella Blvd, Stickles, Brad-October Afternoon

Supplies-My Happy Place
PP-Basic Grey, Die Cuts-American Crafts, Pebbles, Heidi Swapp, Basic Grey, Sequins-Citrus Twist Kits, clip-Freckled Fawn, Mist-Heidi Swapp

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great job on the My Scraps & More Sketch and thank you so much for playing along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of these pages are fabulous!!! Thanks os much for playing with us at My Scraps & More!! I am so glad to hear that our crop challenges are inspiring you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to celebrate a birthday! I love all the pink in your second layout! They are both wonderful. I know what you mean about wanting to lock yourself away and create. I, too, have been on a great scrappy run and I want to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts!!! Love how you used the sketch---and I love your idea to scrap the door---so cool! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous pages!! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE both of these pages so much, Devra! You have an amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both your LO's! Beautiful work! Thanks for playing at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts Devra!
    Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both adorable pages! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both pages are beautiful! Love your work! Thanks for playing along with My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab pages and LOVE LOVE your scrappy retreat page!! isn't it nice to have one of those rooms??? thanks sooo much for playing along with My Scraps & more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layouts! I love the fun colors on the first and what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS