Marine Science Afloat

Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm trying to get back to some regular posting.  This is a hard time of year for me. I, like everyone else, has many other things to do. Well, I'm making my best effort to keep the blog content coming! 

Today I am sharing my reveal for ScrapStuff'z Inspired By.  This month's inspiration is a replica of the original Mayflower.  


I found so many ideas from this photo.  The colors, the lines, wood, but ultimately came away creating a page about my son, his Marine Science field trip, and my thoughts on the day.


We are fortunate to live near the ocean. As part of the ecosystem studies, his class went on a Marine Science Field trip to learn about the ecosystem in the ocean. Fo my son, it was not so much about learning what his peers were learning that day. It was more about participating in the same activity as his peers, in his own way. He may not have been able to ask and answer questions, but he was able to touch the sea life, and watch the videos with them. He was able to socialize with his peers in an appropriate manner. For a day, he got to be like everyone else.

I took these photos in a moment when the rest of his class was not around. It was a quiet moment for him to get his bearings.  He loves looking at the water. He was so calm and engrossed.  I kept the LO feeling the same way by minimizing the design and products used.  I did use some travel and summer themed products that I had, but used them in a way that enhanced the mood as well as the theme. I love using spray mist. It was a great touch for this page as the water was spraying up form the boat, with droplets all over the windows.  The chevron tape creates a feeling of movement. The colors I took form his clothes in the photos, as well as the blue form the inspiration photo.

So there you have it. I love this page, in all it's simplicity, it has a lot of meaning.  We can't wait to see how you are Inspired by this photo as well.  You have until Nov 30 to link up your pages.


Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-Fancy Pants
Stickers-Simple Stories and Fancy Pants
Washi-Echo Park
Wood Veneer-Studio Calico
Alphas-Fancy Pants and American Crafts



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS