Play-'Fall'

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Well good morning!  I have to tell you. I enjoyed my summer, but I'm really glad school has started again. Everyone needed to get back into a routine, including me.  I think I'll begin my new routine on Monday.  LOL.

It's my turn to reveal at ScrapStuffz' Inspired by and I have a fun LO to share today.  We have a beautiful inspiration photo to get you started.


I looked at the photo and the first thing I though of was fall. The colors are so vivid and bright, like all the trees when the leaves are changing colors.  I love fall colors! Well, I started in that direction, but then diverted. 

Now bear with me. This is a bit of a "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." story.  My former next door neighbor used to do all of her canning in the fall.  Apples, pears and tomatoes. Then I started thinking about one of my favorite things about fall in my old neighborhood.  The day all the leaves were raked and the kids could play in the pile of leaves.  And I came up with this:



There are lots of browns, golds and greens in the photos.  I used some fall themed papers filled with a lot of these same colors. The other thing I really liked in our inspiration photo was the metal tops of the jars.  I wanted to do something with that on my LO too. I had some metal charms, so I attached them to the journal strips around the page. I had some fabric leaves that I misted with both brown and green to add to the theme as well. Lastly, I stitched a border around the page with a style of stitch that reminded me of a country kitchen, which brings me full circle, back to the jars.

Did you follow all that? It didn't sound as complicated in my head.

Now, I'd like to invite you to join us, then share how you were Inspired By our September photo.

Supplies:
PP-Pink Paislee, Imaginesce
Border strips and Stich template-Bazzill
Journal tags-MME and Echo Park
Metal Charms-MME
Twine-Doodlebug
Leaves-Prima
Mist-Tattered Angels
Thread-DMC
Alphas-Thickers







2 comments:

  1. Love this layout---especially the stitching that frames it all! And those little metal rings are such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love all of the fall colors, leaves, & fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS