Pretty Little Things

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Good Morning!  I am so excited to be able to share with you my first reveal as one of the talented group of Mavens at Sketches in Thyme

Here is the sketch:

And here is my LO:


The photos are of the tulips in my garden, This is the first time in my life, I've had a flower garden.  But if you know me, I have neither the interest nor the time for gardening.  I don't do dirt and bugs.  I just like to enjoy the flowers. So tulips are kind of perfect for me. Fairly low maintenance, except for chasing the bunnies away.

I kept the sketch the same, but added a few extra embellishments. This is a bit of a departure for me in a couple of ways.  First, I use mostly 4x6 photos.  I challenged myself NOT to go ahead and do that here, and instead printed these out in 3x4. (I am finding it so much easier to do now that I have my little photo printer).  Second, I chose to do a very "girly" page, using flowers as the subject, but also in the paper selection. And pink. Lots of pink. This is something I don't do often, as most of my pages are about my two boys.  It was fun to play with "pretty little things".

I hope you will join us this week over at  Sketches in Thyme.

Supplies:
PP-Crate Paper and embellishments
Alphas-Thickers, Sassafrass, OA
stencil-Crafters Workshop
Mist-Heidi Swapp


2 comments:

  1. Will give this sketch a shot for sure...love it! And thanks so very much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work with the sketch! I love the stencil you used...I think that's what it is, and the whole layout is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS