Shop 'til We Drop

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Getting a little scrap time in during our "stay-cation" spring break week. Trying to catch up on some favorite challenge spots, get a little ahead on some DT work, as well as just working on my own stuff.  Today's LO is inspired by Sketch With Color and Club CK Issue Challenge #5, use a photo prop.  Here is the color scheme I was to work with:


And here is my LO.  Spending the day at CKC Portland with some friends was the ideal opportunity to use a photo prop...and to get my hands on some of the new releases I'd been drooling over.  


Lately, I've been pushing myself to play with color.  I tend to repeat my blue, red, yellow brown.  So color challenges are a great place for me to start.  Add a sketch in and what more do I really need?  I used both scraps and new stuff on this page, and no cardstock at all.  The background paper is the reverse side of a print I probably never would have used.  I decided that darkish color was a dark steel bluish/greyish color.  It's really hard to tell.  So the striped paper is more navy, but the stitching is more steel grey in color.  I did omit the oval shape PP and kept the squared off paper instead, but kept to the sketch for the most part. 

Supplies: PP-Crate Paper, Fancy Pants, Doodlebug, DCWV; stickers-Fancy Pants; dots-MME; alphas-October Afternoon, Fancy Pants; thread-DMC; Ink-ColorBox


6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Did you mist or ink on there? Either way I like the aqua. It is subtle and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout Devra! I love the color combo and how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the color challenge! I really like your misting! Thank you for joining us at SWC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterns in your page! Especially the dots and chevrons. Another great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO! Love the masking. Thanks for joining us at SWC!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS