My Tech Junkie

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Please go here for About a Boy post

Hey there!  Today is my first reveal for Sketches With Color!  I'm really excited about this challenge blog. I can interpret a sketch, no problem. I can use a color scheme, no problem. Combine them, now that's a creative challenge I'm ready to tackle!

Here is the May 1 sketch and color inspiration. This time around, choose 3 of the colors for the LO.



Here is my LO.  I used Poppy Red, Sunflower and Grayed Jade.  Because I got to choose the colors,  I purposely decided not to use red, blue and yellow. They are my go to colors, that I use often.  I actually decided on the colors, after I chose the papers.  Again, not something I would ordinarily do.  I flipped the sketch to a more horizontal design, it worked better with the photos I chose to use.  The premise of the design pretty much remained the same.  


I'm on this kick of using PP only and it's been kind of fun.  Not only am I using PP only, it seems to be the same manufacturer, many times even the same collection.  I think I'm finding when I don't have a lot of creative free time, the garanimals approach is perfect.  It save me time from looking through my stash to find this paper here and that paper there.  These papers and embellishments are all Kaiserkraft.  The theme of the papers were great for the photos and the colors were right off my color chart.

I hope you will follow me in my new creative endeavor at Sketches With Color, and even play along with us there as well.


1 comment:

  1. Cool layout! Love how you interpreted the sketch. Congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS