Kindling the Lights

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Well, it's taken me 4 weeks into the new year, but I think I am finding my groove again.  I am one of those people that gets more done when there is more to do.  Some of it may get sone at the last second, but it all gets done.  Take this page for example.  I started thinking about it about 2 weeks ago, but didnt sit down to work on it until Sunday.  That's ok. Art, therapy, (whatever you want to call my scrapping) has a process.

I am hosting this week's Issue Challenge at Club CK.  The challenge is to create a LO using mobile phone technology and/or social media.  It's funny. I've done this before, but when I have to stop and make myself do something for a purpose, I get stuck.  I even had to go back to the Jan/Feb Issue and re-read it.  So, what to do, what to do. I don't use Instagram (gasp!). I've created LO's using a blog post, and email already.  I do like to use Hipstamatic on my iPhone.  Ok. Done. I decided on this:


My older son took these on the last night of Hanukkah using Hipstamatic. One uses the 70s filter, the other uses an 80s filter.  I printed them at home 4x4. What can I say, I like larger photos. The sketch is inspired by the Sketch It Out Challenge, also at Club CK.  The colors are off because of the filters so I chose kraft and black to keep it fairly neutral.  I didn't want it to be so solid, adding the houndstooth paper accomplished that.  I often like to play on the subject, so I thought it would be fun to use the fire stencil.  I outlined it, then painted it using a few different mists. Playing again, I used the number washi tape, tearing it off at '8'. I painted the letters in "light', but the yellow was too bright. While they were still wet, I sprinkled gold glitter over them.  I tried to mist  the background, to give it some shimmer, but it didn't show up very well.  Lastly, I added the bits of orange. It both complements and contrasts the rest of the colors.

Supplies:
CS-paper by the pound
PP-Belle Blvd
Punch-EK Success
Stencil-Crafters Workshop
Mists-Studio Calico and Tattered Angels
Bling-MAMBI
Tape-Bella Blvd, Recollections, Darice
Pen-EK Success
Alphas-Sticko, Cosmo Cricket, Thickers
Glitter-Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS