Introducing....

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Good Friday Feb 1 to you!  I'm pleased to be part of opening day at  About a  Boy! Our first challenge is a fun one. Introduce us to the boy(s) in your life. 

I did something I've never done before.  I took apart a LO I made last February and used some of the parts on a new LO.  I really never liked the page, had made it in a hurry, just yuck.  Here is the page I took apart. I'm not sure if I meant to add 2 small photos or was going to add it to his baby album. Regardless. Ick!

I had the vellum pieces custom printed a few years ago.  I thought they would be a good way to Introduce my older son on the new LO.




I try not to use his name too much online, but you get to see it here.  I love his name. It really suits him. My sister took this photo, it is a favorite of mine.  I had some scraps from another LO I finished, so I decided to do a grid.  Not a straight grid, a slightly off kilter grid.  I replaced the flower brads on the vellum with plain green ones, added some meaningful word stickers onto the photo, splattered some paint and called it a day.  There is no extra journaling. The name definition is enough. It's a little personal, but I'm happy to share.

Please come join us at About A Boy, and introduce us to the boy(s) in your life.

Suplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-Fancy Pants
stickers-Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants
mist-Tattered Angels
ink-ColorBox
brads-making memories
vellum name-custom










2 comments:

  1. Devra, I super love this layout, and that photo is stunning. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used those parts again in a layout that you love. I've only done that once before but I'm so happy I redid the page. It just didn't sit well with me but I loved the redone product. And your new layout is so you!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS