Party Like a 1st Grader

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yep. 2 posts in 2 days.  I'm trying, I'm trying! It's all about Child's Play Challenges today.  A new challenge is up.  Inspiration was drawn from this photo


Toy trains under the Christmas Tree.  Ok, this one had me stumped.  My boys were not and still are not train boys.  I do not celebrate Christmas.  So I went with color inspiration on this one.  I didn't choose the photos until after I began which I never do.  I thought it was fitting that they were holiday oriented.  After that, the creativity began to flow.


I started with the colors: brown and green.  There was so much red in the photos, I decided to stitch a red "railroad".  While I was looking for embellishments, I came across these gold brad/gem stickers. Woo Hoo, a perfect addition!  They are shiny like the lights on the tree!  Well, if there is gold gems, there needs to be some glitter too. I glittered up some DIY Thickers then used a gold pen for journaling.  I love how this turned out.  Once again, completely enjoying the inspirations that comes from Child's Play Challenges. Come join in!

Supplies:
PP-Making Memories
CS-Bazzill
brads-MAMBI
Alphas-Thickers and Cosmo Cricket
Glitter-Martha Stewart
Punch-Fiskars
Pen-Sakura
Floss-DMC






1 comment:

  1. Wow-you made a really awesome page from something not part of your life! Looks like Evan had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS