A Tradition Continues

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ok, so I'm not blogging as regularly as I'd like, but at least I'm getting a post in here and there.  I'm finding this year it's hard to keep up with this.  I'm scrapping, just not posting.  I'll get caught up...eventually.  In the meantime, I do have a new page to share.

This LO started as a page kit from a class I took at CKC Seattle.  The papers were too busy for my taste, so I decided to use the reverse sides of the paper, then added a bunch of stuff of my own.  As I was working on it, I had an 'ah ha' moment.  Instead of the die cuts that came with the kit, I could make my own using a paper bag!!! Ok, well, I's been trying to come up with a way to create a LO for the Club CK Issue Challenge using brown paper bags.  I grabbed some mist and some stencils and placed them randomly over the writing and design on a grocery bag. I took those die cuts and traced them onto the bag, cut them out and used them to create the banner under the photo. I'm really happy with the result.


The papers and small banner are SEI.  The twine is doodlebug. I used both Mister huey and Glimmer mist, a Studio Calico and Crafters Workshop stencil.  October Afternoon and Thickers alphas, random buttons and brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS