A Disney Date

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Yippee, back to regular blogging!  I found this great new calling site called Child's Play Challenges.  The challenges are based on children's books, toys, games etc.  How fun!  I like it because I can choose any element from the item for my inspiration.  I think that really works for me and the way I scrap.
This is my first LO for Child's Play Challenges.  Here is the inspiration photo:

and here is my LO

I have already finished scrapping all my photos of my boys in their Cozy Coupe, so I took my cue from the colors in the photo, red, yellow and blue with a bit of black. I had these photos of my older son and I at Disneyland.  The red shirt and blue balloon were easy to work with.  I love primary colors, and having boys, I use them frequently. I spent a lot of time making the pinwheels.  Iused them because they move like the cozy coupe!

I started with a Scrapbook Generation sketch.   DCWV Cardstock, Echo Park and TPC Studio patterned paper, Doodlebug twine, random buttons and Authentique letter stickers.


8 comments:

  1. Love it!!! So colorful and yet not too busy. The Mickey garland is adorable and the pinwheels to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing page Derv! I love the banners with the ears and the pinwheels. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found us at childs play. Love your take on the cozy coupe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I LOVE LOVE all the pinwheels!!! such a fun 2 pgr!!! way to go!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Child's Play blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving! absolutely love the banners and the mix of Mickey heads in there! I'm a HUGE lover of all things Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Child's Play!! So glad you found us!! Love your take on our challenge this week - you really did an awesome job with the colors and what a fun layout! Thanks for joining us at Child's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you found us, and love your take on the challenge! Always nice to see a photo-filled 2-page layout! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. banner is so adorable!
    beautiful LO

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS