2 Page Frenzy

Monday, June 18, 2012

I've been on a roll lately creating 2 page layouts.  It's been fun to get so many photos scrapped so quickly. While working on them, I've found I take a more simple approach.  Less is more.  With more photos on the page, there is already a lot going on.  Since I want to focus on the photos, I find myself using fewer embellies and simpler designs.  When working on single page layouts with less photos, I have more room to 'play'.

Here are 2 that I finished last week.  Both are definitely more simple.

 
This was our fist time going to an Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch.  We all had a great time.  It was a beautiful, warm, fall day.  We picked apples, chose our pumpkins and snacked on fresh pressed apple cider and apple donuts.  We decided to make it an annual event.

I stitched to make it look like the pumpkin vines.  I only had 2 pumpkin stickers, so I dry embossed the negative space of one of them and cut it out to make the third.



 We were visiting my Mom.  In her front yard is this huge Coral Tree.  Evan sat there for hours reading Calvin and Hobbes comics.  I see the Calvin and Hobbes font for the title. Sketch by Scrapbook Generation.

5 comments:

  1. Both of these layouts are fabulous!! I haven't done a two pager in such a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are gorgeous!! I love your stitching, and the border strips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely right up my alley! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you are scrapping so many two page layouts....love them both! Great title and stitching on the "Pumpkin Patch" and I really like the flowers on the second, also the neat photos of your son! Keep scrapping those 2 pagers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layouts, Devra! I really like the stitching detail in the pumpkin patch and the use of baker's twine in the lazy days layout!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS