LOAD Aftermath: It's Project Month

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My totals for LOAD were 25 single page LOs, 7 double page LOs for a total of 32 LO's, (or 39 'pages' if that's how you count them).    So why does't it feel like I made even the tiniest dent in my stash?

I had a really fun time working on LOAD this time.  Some prompts made me think and they were hard to do, but I'll just lump those into the "Creativity Heals" group. (thanks CK). I don't think I came away with any startling discoveries about my 'style'.  I really tried to give myself an hour each day to do my project, so it was kind of like a daily One Hour Challenge. I would quickly decide on my photo, story, PP and embellies and just stick with it, (which is my same MO for Ck OHCs). There were quite a few days where I wasn't feeling it or were time pressed, so I used some 1/2 finished, pre-made pages.  They were really a life saver.  It made me think that maybe I should put some 'kits' together for next time.  Maybe even a few 'go to' sketches for those kinds of days.  All in all, I am very happy with my results.  If nothing else, I proved to myself that not only could I do a L O A D, but I could also make the time for myself, for ME to do it.  I think that is just as important, if not more so.

So now, after a month of scrappy indulgence, it's time to clean up.  The only place the stayed relatively neat is my desk.  After i finish a LO, I put the stuff away that I used so I have a clean area to begin again.  This is what my scrap room looks like.
This is the view from the doorway

 I took this standing in front of my desk.

just stuff everywhere.  These are embellies, a bin I was just throwing random PP into to be put away later and the box that became so important of unfinished LOs.
Last night I put all the LO's in the right albums. and this afternoon, I'm beginning to put stuff away. 

I decided I will re-organize as well.  That will be project #1.  As I've had a chance to use my room a lot lately, I am finding there are some 'go to' items that need to be in better places.  I don't think it will be too bad.  Just moving a few things around.  Ha! we'll see!
Project # 2 and #3 are pretty similar.  I have an album from our trip to Disneyworld in Jan 2006 that needs journaling desperately.  The same thing goes for my album from my 40th Birthday Party. Beautiful pages, with no words on them!  I'm one who has too many things going at one time, and get eager and excited to start something new.  So many things go unfinished for a long time.  One thing I've really appreciated about Club CK, is in order to post in my gallery or a challenge, things have to be finished all the way.  I'm hoping to finish those two books this month.  I'll still be doing my LO's for the Club CK challenges though!  but I don't think I'll hit 32 again for a while.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a mess you've got there! But so worth it considering all that you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS